Monday, February 16, 2009

Plastic Bags

For the assignment I was to document my time with a plastic bag. I really couldn't think of anything interesting to do with a bag so I kinda gave up. I did however keep track of all of my interactions with plastic bags throughout the week. I guess the most obvious would have to be the trash cans at work and home. If there was one job that I hate the most, it would be removing the trash. The smell is horrendous yet for some reason I get stuck with that job at home and at work. My other major experiences with bags would have to be on wed. nights at work. Those nights we have a product truck to unload and we are to take all of that product and stock the store. 99% of the product comes inside of boxes and inside of those boxes its not a surprise to find even more packaging around the items. If not another box then its each little product wrapped up in a protective bag that must be removed before placing on a shelf. So much trash is created on those nights. Its kinda sad. Best Buy is pretty big all around the world now but I cant help but think how much more trash Walmart is creating every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home